Cruise and 4X4 Safari Tour at Akamas Peninsula from Pissouri
Here is a combination of Land and Sea. A featuring a day of adventure, swimming and sightseeing across western Cyprus’ wild coastal frontier, the Akamas Peninsula. Get ready for non-stop thrills, swimming and tons of fun.
Here is a combination of Land and Sea. A 4x4 Safari Tour combined with a boat trip featuring a day of adventure, swimming and sightseeing across western Cyprus’ wild coastal frontier, the Akamas Peninsula. Get ready for non-stop thrills, swimming and tons of fun. Fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding areas and a great opportunity to take some amazing photos. Our itinerary will take you to all the must-see sites and landscapes of this spectacular environmental wonderland:
• The Avakas Gorge: Perhaps Cyprus’ most impressive natural wonder, this deep canyon is famous for the sheer walls of limestone that come narrowly together to form a natural tunnel. A not-too-strenuous walk, duration 30-40 minutes in total, is required to see the best parts of the Gorge. Decent footwear is advised.
• Lara and the Turtle Conservation Project: We visit one of the most important (and pristine) beaches in the entire Mediterranean, Lara Beach, where the Cyprus Turtle Conservation Project has been saving endangered sea turtles from extinction for three decades. Learn the secrets of these sensitive and delightful sea creatures as we take you through the conservation exhibits at the beach. (Note: Turtle nesting season is June-August; the nests hatch until early October.). Visit duration at Lara Turtle Conservation Project about 20 minutes.
• The Viewpoint: Fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding areas of Akamas Peninsula and a great opportunity to take some amazing photos. Free time for photos about 10 minutes.
• The ‘Baths of Aphrodite’: One of the true landmarks of the Akamas, this fresh water spring is connected to the myth of Cyprus’ home-grown Goddess of Love. Visit duration at Baths of Aphrodite about 30 minutes
• The Blue Lagoon: The North-West peninsula has absolutely the most memorable coastline in Cyprus, the incredibly clear turquoise waters, precipitous forested sea cliffs and varied wildlife create a magic landscape with visual impact. To experience this area at its best, we board our special boat to tour the various coves and off-shore islands, look for sea turtles and sponges and stop at the ‘’bluest bay in Cyprus’’ for relaxed swimming session. Boat trip duration about 2 hours.
• The Lunch: Included in this adventure package is an extremely memorable buffet style lunch featuring an array of freshly prepared local dishes including vegetarian options. One glass of local wine or one soft drink is served complimentary during lunch while you will be enjoying in a comfortable and clean seaside location. Lunch duration about 1 hour.
This full day adventure includes several sections of “off-road” driving. Dust and bumps are part of the process, but our drivers are specially trained to go slow and steady.
• Don’t forget to bring your cameras for amazing and unforgettable photos.
• Our itinerary lasts for about 11 hours. Last drop off at hotel will be at approximate 18h00.